Monday, June 25, 2012

And then she was 3...

Our Lila Grace on the day of her 3rd birthday party

Where did the time go?  Just seems like last month we were celebrating her arrival.  Our second little miracle baby - so different from our first.  Fat and puffy with big blue eyes and the roundest bald head I had ever seen!  She was such a sweet baby.  So easy to care for, so laid back compared to her redhead older sister.

Daddy grilling at the Luau
We had a Backyard Birthday Luau.  It was a fun theme.  The weather was just right.  My mom and sister, Kendall, came early to help prepare - which I was so thankful for.  Scott grilled a fine burger and I made baked beans.  Nana & Pop even wore their matching Hawaiian shirts that they brought home from Hawaii. 

Colorful cupcakes - chocolate of course!
Miss Elizabeth brought Maylen and our cupcakes and cookies.  They were yummy!  Of course, Maylen refused to eat one.  I guess it's true what they say - baker's children don't eat cake. 

The gift opening mayhem
Gracie loved all her gifts.  She got a "puppy" from Nana & Pop, a pirate hat and pirate books from Gammaw and Pawpaw, a watch from Aunt Kendall, and a Tball set from Mommy & Daddy.

Gracie Girl the Pirate
We also got gifts from friends - cupcake dolls, lalaloopsie dolls, a Bethany & Co. frame, and few others I can't quite remember at right now at midnight!  The kids jumped and swung and played t-ball.  The men attempted horseshoes, but since Daddy set the posts up to regulation, everyone gave up - it was too difficult.

Lila's Birthday outfit - complete with matching pappy
All in all it was a great celebration of our Lila Grace - aka monkey, gracie, sweets, shirley temple, lucy...Well, she has more nicknames than I have time to list. 



Gracie girl at 3 months
When did my 3 month old bald baby become my 3 year old curly girl?  Ahhh, when I wasn't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment