Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sometimes You Gotta Make Lemonade

We can't seem to get well around here.  We (Scott, I, and both girls) have now had the stomach virus THREE times since September 1st!  Yes, that seemed unbelievable to me too, so we headed to see the doctor this morning.  It's just the stomach virus, but we keep getting it because our immunity is low.  He gave us some great advice about how to get well and basically he quarantined us.  So for the next week the girls and I will be here - all day and night, with no visitors and no outings! 

I know I'll have to get creative when it comes to keeping them busy and not going stir crazy (This will probably include a few drives in the van just to feel like we are getting out of the house).  But I also decided to look at this as an opportunity.  I now have a great excuse to stay home and get some stuff done! 

So, I made a list. (I LOVE LISTS) of the ten things that I want to try and do while we are quarantined. 
Here it is:
1.  Organize.  I used to be very organized but two children and two moves in two years wrecked my system.
2.  Unpack. I know we've been here a while but I never really finished unpacking.
3.  Sew.  I've been trying to work up the courage to make drapes for the girls room and the girls some matching dresses.  Hope to get to do that in the next week.
4.  Try new recipes.  I have many things I want to make.  If Scott can handle buying the groceries, I'm going to get creative and cook a few things that take a while to cook.
5.  Gather broken toys.  We have many toys that the girls have outgrown, batteries have died, things are missing pieces. 
6.  Conquer paper clutter.  I hate dealing with paper.  I have hidden stacks stuck in drawers and cabinets that needs to be dealt with.
7.  Reorganize master closet.  It has become quite a mess.  My little ones love my shoes and now they are stuck everywhere.
8.  Clean out my van.  It just needs to be vacuumed and aired out.
9.  Scrapbook.  I am pitifully behind.
10. Video.  I don't have near enough video of my babies.  Gonna pull the camera out and get started before it's too late.

Maybe I'll post at the end of my quarantine and tell what I actually did.  If my track record remains the same, I will get a lot less done than I planned to.

No comments:

Post a Comment