Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Well, it's good to have a goal!

During our quarantine, I set forth a list of ten things that I wanted to try and accomplish.  I knew when I made the list that I was being ambitious, but I figured I would at least aim high!  So here is my list of things I got accomplished - so you don't mistake me for superwoman. 

1. Organize - The only thing I managed to organize was the girls clothing.  I guess that's a good thing, but I really wanted to tackle my pantry.
2. Unpack - I failed to unpack one single box!  I just can't seem to get motivated in this area.
3. Sew - I didn't get to this at all.  I have my machine loaded with the thread for the girls' curtains and until I get those done, I'm not moving on!  I really need to set aside a day to work on this.
4. Recipes - This I did!  Yeah!  I made a fabulous homemade chicken stock and homemade chicken noodle soup!  It was yummy!  It also soothed our change of the season sore throats.  I think I may post about this later.
5. Toys - I did do a little of this as I cleaned during the week.  If it was a toy that was broken or needed batteries, it got pulled from the toy box.  I actually threw away 3 plastic Easter eggs!  Who knows where they've been hiding!
6. Paper - I did tackle two huge stacks of paper clutter.  I still need a better filing system for important things but at least all the junk is gone.
7. Master closet - I tackled this with enthusiasm.  It is now much better than it was but I'm not done yet.  This was the most difficult thing to work on with my two littles underfoot - they loved "helping" me and are the main reason that I'm not done yet!
8. Van - I didn't get to this one at all.
9. Scrapbook - I didn't tackle this one either since I didn't unpack anything this week, I don't know where my scrapbook stuff is at the moment.
10. Video - I attempted this with the video camera but the battery was dead!  I got a few videos on my phone but nothing really good - yet!

All in all it was a very long week.  The girls were restless by the end.  Their Nana & Pop were out of town for the week so we literally saw no one all week.  We did take a few rides in the van but didn't go in anywhere or get out at all.  We played in the yard some but even that got old.  I hope we can stay healthy for awhile and won't need to stay cooped up for that long again.

No comments:

Post a Comment