Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie EVER!

Everyone has been asking for this recipe this year.  I decided to add it here and anyone can pull it up whenever they want.  This recipe was a happy accident.  I bought the wrong ingredients and added less flour and got this recipe.  Upon tasting them, Scott told me to never make them any other way!



Ingredients
1/3 cup of sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup of Crisco
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
6 ounces of milk chocolate chips

Using a large mixing bowl, add one ingredient at a time in the order listed, and hand stir until blended.  This is VERY important.  You canNOT dump everything in at once and get the same consistency.  I would suggest adding the sugar 3/4 of a cup at a time to avoid wearing any!  Using a teaspoon, drop onto cookie sheet.  Do NOT spray cookie sheet.  They will not stick. 

Bake cookies at 330 degrees for 12 - 14 minutes.  Set them on top of the stove and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 to 7 minutes.  Then move to a cookie rack to continue to cool.  Sever with milk!

NOTE: They may not look done when you remove them.  They are.  If you overcook them until they are brown they will be dry and crumble. At this cook time they will be soft and gooey.  For some reason, this recipe is very inconsistent.  Sometimes they are perfect and sometimes they are great but could be better.  I think it depends on the freshness of your ingredients. 

TIPS:  I use store brand ingredients for most of this recipe.  I also use Airbake cookie sheets which seems to make the cookies fluffier.  I also find that if I soften my butter it makes a much prettier cookie.

Happy Cookie Making!

No comments:

Post a Comment