Monday, December 6, 2010

BUSY!

Wow, have we been busy around here!  I can't believe it's already the second week of December. 
We spent the week of Thanksgiving with Mamaw in Daphne, Alabama.  (Why is it when I say Alabama, in my head I hear Forrest Gump's voice?)  We had a great week of food, family, and shopping.  Little guy Tucker now has a basic wardrobe and the girls' winter wardrobes are complete.  We got some great deals at the Foley outlet and the area consignment shops.  Plus, Mamaw is always on the lookout for great deals and had a bunch of stuff for us when we got there.

We also got to see cousin Jaylah, who is growing so fast.  She and Gracie are the same size and she is also walking and running everywhere.  Uncle Tim and Aunt Kendall were there too.  We did miss Papaw, who was busy working for Santa (actually, he is hauling for UPS, but that is about the same) and missed seeing us this visit.  We watched Toys Story 3 and Santa Paws, got to go to Target, and spent the week nursing Daddy who got a nasty sinus infection and bronchitis while on vacation.

Since being home, we have tried to decorate, but I am so slow these days, it is taking forever!  If I ever get finished, I will post some pics.  We are also gearing up for Christmas parties and all the other holiday traditions.  We went to the Christmas parade this weekend.   I will start making cookies this week for various groups of people. I wonder how many I will make this year?  We also have Christmas cards to do, Santa to visit, a family ornament to buy, and I have only bought the girls a few books to go under the tree.  Yeah, I need to stop thinking about it...I'm starting to sweat!  Anyway, I hope to post some pics of all the fun soon and maybe the "secret" chocolate chip cookie recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment