Thursday, December 16, 2010

Contemplating Number Three

Well, we're in the home stretch now - Only 75 days to go until our due date!  That doesn't seem like much and seems like forever at the same time.  Since the beginning, I have had a sneaking suspicion that I am further along than my doctor thinks I am.  I feel 8 months pregnant, not 7 months, but we'll see.  Maybe we will get lucky and he'll come a bit "early".

Anyway, the reality that we will soon have a baby boy added to our home is starting to sink in.  We've not started the nursery yet.  That's a project for January!  But we have bought him a good bit of clothing and a few blankets and bibs.  We are planning on using our PINK swing and bouncy seat!  He'll never know, unless we take pictures. 

Truthfully, I have always wanted a little boy.  I don't know why?  Maybe, I just want a little "Scott"!  I love my girls and we have lots of fun but I am looking forward to the challenge of a little boy.  Bless Him - He'll have 2 extra little mommies to mother him all day.  The girls are very excited.  Lyra Kate makes Lila Grace practice with a baby doll each day.  "Now Sis, you feed the baby."  She is constantly talking about "Tuck-Tuck" and wanting to "see" the baby on the TT (TV). 

Someone asked me a while back how I was going to manage with three.  Honestly, I don't know.  Having three under the age of three scares me a bit, but I guess we will just adjust as needed.  Since my girls go with me almost everywhere, I assume once he is a few weeks old that we will just load him up and take him with us.  Getting all three in and out of the carseats, strollers, and grocery carts will be a great workout! Lyra Kate has yet to potty train, so we may have 3 in diapers for a few months!  I'm a bit worried about Gracie, who loves being a baby, adjusting to having a little one around all the time.  A mother of 3 once told me that "Three was hard because Mommies only have two arms!" 

These last few weeks are going to be crazy-busy getting ready for Tucker's arrival!  I know that this season of life will pass all too quickly.  Before I know it, no more bottles, sippy cups, diapers, or late night feedings.  For some reason, God chose to wait until now to pour out the blessing of children on our family.  One thing I learned from our years of waiting was to enjoy the season of life that you find yourself in.  I spent years looking to the next season (children) and failed to fully enjoy the years that it was just the two of us!  I plan to enjoy this season with three littles to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment