Friday, January 6, 2012

Daniel Fast - Caffeine

Well, the lack of caffeine was really getting to me.  So, I decided to really pray about this.  At this time, I still have a baby who does NOT sleep though the night.  I have very broken sleep.  I depend on caffeine, from coffee, to get me though the day and night.  I usually require two cups in the morning and another cup in the early evening.  I add milk and sugar to my coffee which are also banned while on the Fast. 

So....after an agonizing Day 2, when I got only 4 hours of sleep the night before (2 hours here and later another 2 hours there), I decided that at sundown on that day I would add caffeine back to my diet.  I have however limited myself to black coffee only, which is more like drinking cold medicine to me. 

While agonizing over this decision, God reminded me that when needed (during pregnancy, after my stomach surgery) I have given up coffee for long periods of time.  I realized that coffee without my usual additives is not enjoyable at all and just something my body needs right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment